By close cooperation with our subcontractors we have built up a large experience within hot dip galvanizing and knowledge of how to obtain the best results.
When to use hot dip galvanised sheets
- Generally if a lasting corrosion protection is needed.
- For outdoor use or use in humid and corrosive environments such as swimming baths.
- If painted/coated perforated sheets are required to be used in corrosive, humid or outdoor environments.
Advantages of hot dip galvanising
- Smooth and uniform coating.
- Sharp edges and corners are protected optimally.
- The coating is very robust and can withstand minor bumps and bruises in connection with the mounting, transportation etc.
Disadvantages of hot dip galvanizing
- Limitation of the product size.
- Risk of distortion.
Perforated sheets suitable for hot dip galvanising
- Carbon steel cold rolled and hot rolled sheets with a minimum thickness of 1.5 mm.
- Perforated sheets with holes that are = or > 6.0 mm in diameter (if hot dip galvanising of perforated sheets is required for sheets with holes less than 6.0 mm, e.g. R 5.0 mm or R 4.0 mm, additional investigation is required).
Sheets and fabrications are hot dip galvanised according to DS / EN ISO. Please feel free to contact us for more information.